Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

The No-Mess Grilled Cheese


So, as a fan of Tillamook Cheese, I wanted to share my quick and easy recipe with the Loaf-Lovers out there.

The other night, I was having some left-over soup for dinner and thought that a grilled cheese sandwich would be just perfect to go with it, but I didn't want to take the time or effort to get out the frying pan, fight with the spatula, and then clean up the pan afterward - what can I say? I am a hungry college student. Anyway, I thought fast about my options and decided on something super easy. (The great thing about this is that you have virtually no mess, you can just put your plate in the dishwasher when you are done.)

This requires the following:
  • Two slices of your favorite grilled cheese bread (I used classic white bread)
  • 2-3 slices of one or more of your favorite Tillamook Cheese ( I used Medium Cheddar and Colby Jack)
  • a toaster
  • a microwave
  • your favorite butter (I used whipped butter) - this is optional
It's pretty simple, you just toast your bread to your preferred darkness, place the toasted slices side by side on a ceramic or micro-wave-safe plate, spread a thin layer of butter on each slice and then add a slice or two of cheese on each slice and put it in the microwave for about 20-40 seconds (time depends upon your microwave's power, so stay and watch it to ensure optimal cheese-meltage). When it's done, take the plate out and put the slices together, cheese-to-cheese! (careful, it's HOT!) and let it stand for a few moments until cool enough to handle - this also allows the top and bottom slices to, shall we say, "fuse" together in cheesy goodness. The last and best step is this, consume and enjoy!


Picture Credit to TillamookCheese.com

No comments: