Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

Attack of the Trade Technology Carpet

Well, as many of you know, I have quite the history with falling and hurting myself. Whether it be at girls camp and tripping over a rock or falling out of the back of a truck I have always been a little accident prone.

For the first couple of weeks at the university I went the whole duration without mishap. Last Wednesday, however, memories came flooding back to me as I once again encountered what it felt like to collide with the ground.

Given that we have 10 minutes to travel from class to class, I usually have a lot of time to get to my class, but it is five levels up in the Trade Technology building, which is different than the building in which I start. Wednesday my professor let us out later than 9:50 and I had to rush to class.

There was no way that I was going to sprint 5 levels of steep stairs along with a heavy backpack, so I decided to sprint for the elevator instead. The elevator was a good idea, the sprinting part – not so much.

I was hurrying along the corridor and I called out to the people who were filing into the elevator, “Hold the Elevator!” So on I dashed to save time.

All of a sudden the threads of the carpet below me seemed to come to life, they wrapped their spindly thread fingers around my foot and I came down to the evil carpet below me. Landing on all fours, knees and hands. Though the threads thought it was funny I did too. It was one of the first times that found my accident prone-ness to be humorous.

Though I am a little battered and bruised, I found humor in my flaw, and I think that is the most important lesson of all.

No comments: