Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Marriage Proposal

Yes, it is true - I was proposed to!

OK, OK, I suppose it isn't as cool as it could be. When I first told a lot of my friends what had happened they were surprised because I haven't been dating anyone seriously (or at all for that matter).

It wasn't the way I thought it would happen, I was hoping for something a bit more romantic...

I was I was getting off of the TRAX train at my usual stop and as I started heading for the parking lot I literally ran into a guy. I mumbled, "sorry" to him and was ready to just head off, I heard him say something to me and I didn't quite understand him, so I turned around and asked him what he had said and he said, "you have nothing to be sorry about." I was thinking, "ok..." and then before I could say anything to him he looked me over and said, "wow, you're pretty." So, I replied a polite "thank you" and he proceeded to ask me my name and said that my name was pretty too. He talked about a few things and then he asked me my age and at this point I was thinking, "erm, I think I had just better start running here," I admitted that I was 19 and he seemed stunned that I was that young. He said, "Dang, I am twice your age!" He just kept talking to me and I found him intriguing. By the time the next train came he had gone down on one knee and asked to marry me. I laughed and I said, "but I don't even know you!" and I was thinking, "and you are drunk and twice my age!" So yeah, I can now say that I have been proposed to. LOL I don't think I will ever see that guy again and I don't think that he will remember me since he was drunk.

What do you think of my experience?
How would you propose (or want to be proposed to)?

No comments: