Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Hey there to those of you who read my blog! I hope you all are having a fantabulous first day of August! That just seems weird to me that today is the first day of August. I suppose that July passed so fast for me because Christine and I were having such a good time on our Roadtrip.

Well, the last two days at Washington DC were great, we went on a tour of the Capitol with one of Jim Matheson's representatives in DC - his name was Chuck. I can't help but giggle at the name, but that's not the point of my post, so I'll move on. After the fantastic tour of the Capitol we went to the White-House visitors center and learned more about the ins and outs of where the President lives and what he does while he lives there. (That was deep, I know!) We made the trek to the war monuments after visiting the White-House visitor's center. Every monument was so different, but so beautifully unique. I think my favorite was the WWII monument - it is basically a fountain and the symmetry that was used for such a large monument was amazing!

I realize that there is probably more to be said, but that's all I've got for ya right now...

PTYL

~Holls

No comments: