Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Vibrations of the Bass Drum

Today, I had band class. It was good, I enjoyed it and we actually got through a lot of music today! We sounded really good on our classical stuff, which is a rarity. But then, at the end of class we were playing Pep Band Music. Most of the time I love Pep Band, but when people can't sight-read new music, it is just ridiculous... The thing that annoyed me most about it was that the drum set sits right behind the clarinet section and the whole time I could barely hear myself, or anyone else for that matter. All I could hear was the "boom-da-boom-boom" of the drum, all I could feel were the vibrations of the drum in my chest, it was a wonder that my eyes weren't shaking from it all. Oh well, I think I can hear all right... Our next game is on Tuesday, which will be fun - I hope that the basketball doesn't attack me like it did last time. Last game, we were sitting there and one of the players barreled into the cheerleaders and the ball came and barreled into my stand and me. It was quite humorous... "I saw my life flash before my eyes..." well it wasn't that bad :)
Well, I know this is short, but I will post more later.
All for now,
~Holly

No comments: