Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Wheel of the World

I am in total shock... there is no other way to describe it... I cannot believe that President Gordan B. Hinckley just died less than 2 hours ago today. He is the only president of the church that I ever knew and really remember. I don't remember very much of President Kimball, since I was only in first grade when he passed away...

I suppose I took his being here on earth for granted. I mean, I knew that one day that he would die, considering that he was nearly 100 years old and that he was suffering some health issues that are normal for a person his age... but...

I really don't know what to say... I know that this is part of God's plan, and I am not shaken in my faith from what has happened at all. I know that President Hinckley is in a better place, he is with his wife and he is free from earthly pains and stresses. In a way, I am happy for him, that he can be with his wife, Majorie P. Hinckley.

This just makes me want to stop and think about how much he has impacted the world, how many lives he has touched and even though he is gone now, he will still continue to touch more lives by way of remembrance.

Right now I am listening to Carrie Underwood's "Wheel of the World," here are some of the lyrics...


God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
Babies are born and at the same time, someone's taking their last breath

It's the wheel of the world
It's the wheel of the world turning around

In the blink of an eye
It can change your life
And it never even slows down

It's the wheel of the world

I don't know what it is
I'm flying high
Then I'm wondering why I'm sinking on this ship, going down
Life keeps on moving anyway


I suppose I will be posting more on this when my thoughts are more settled...


"We thank thee, o God, for a Prophet..."

No comments: